Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I neutered my cat and now he's a liberal...

That is a bumper sticker I saw yesterday as I was leaving my favorite downtown restaurant(Sand Piper). I couldn't stop laughing...My woman thought it was sexist and I was too giggly to try and explain that I thought it wasn't...Maybe it is...But it's still funny!

The rest of the state doesn't care!

We can keep trying to get "disaster relief" till the cows come home and they will continue to not give a sh*t...Why should they? According to one of my fellow bloggers..."what happens in Juneau, stays in Juneau..." ala Senator Jacko I guess...Oh well, f*ck em' maybe we should secede from the rest of the state...Make our own rules...Kick SEACC out...Kick Mertz out...Kick Bothello out...Boot our "legislative team" out...

Anyone have anymore suggestions?


Anyways...I thought I'd fill you in on a couple of earlier posts...

First of all I haven't heard back directly from Connie at the Empire

But I have heard from a couple of her colleagues. One directly and anonymously supports us over here. It seems in a very misguided way some of the higher ups actually consider this blog a threat...Huh?

Her email address is actually available online: connie.mcgee@juneauempire.com
If you want to tell her your opinion or tell her what a pompous *ss I am...

Now indirectly someone seems to think it's a jab to post the names of other blogs down in my comments sections. I'm here to tell you that stuff like that will always be ok with me. In fact I found this gem of a blog if you want to see how much they care about us up north...
http://progressivealaska.blogspot.com/

Actually some good reading...

The other update I wanted to pass on was the Energy assistance information I provided links for...
I went there and much to my chagrin the updated income levels that were provided me by our Juneau Legislative team aren't appearing yet. I was told because my family makes more than
$38,730 I don't qualify yet according to the memo I received from Juneau'sLegislativeSession :

The legislature recently passed House Bill 152, which provided a substantial amount of state funds for a state-funded heating assistance program. This program will be available in the fall and will provide assistance to families who make between 150% and 225% of the Federal Poverty Level adjusted for Alaska, listed in the table below.

Meaning I would qualify if my family of four made less than $60k per year. I fired off an email inquiring about said funds and haven't received word yet. The links are as follows:

http://health.hss.state.ak.us/dpa/programs/hap/


For an application you can go here.
http://health.hss.state.ak.us/dpa/programs/hap/HAPAPP08.pdf


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would like to take the poll here but i don't have an option....i don't qualify...

The Coffin Dancer said...

There, I changed it just for you...
Kind of dead in here, I see lots of folks stopping by but no one saying anything..?

ConservoMom said...

Hey Coffin, I've been lurking for a week or two mostly because I was avoiding setting up the blogger account. Anyway, I check the site twice a day like clockwork to see what gems you have come up with and to see what the wannabe card carrying Mensa member from NH is spewing. That guy is living proof that stupid people shouldn't breed. I finally took the plunge so here is my first post. I really enjoy your blog, you seem to be like minded. Keep writing and I will keep reading and now posting!

Anonymous said...

Like minded! What the hell is that supposed to mean! Lurking like a cockroach. How hard is it to post here. If you had somthing to say you could have posted anonymously!
These idiots here think because I don't spell great that I'm stupid! That's stupid! That thing about the cat was so not funny! Most of the smart people of our time are very liberal. Al Gore won the Noble Peace Prize as if you have any clue!

Anonymous said...

ALGORE is as big an idiot as you are. All his talk about global warming and saving the planet and yet he has a carbon footprint the size of Africa. Like minded means that I share most of the opinions of this blog owner. He makes a lot of sense to me. You on the other hand I don't get. You claim to be a college graduate yet you have horrible language skills, my middle school kid does better than you- and all you do is come on here and post nastiness and leave filth in your wake. You should start your own blog so that we can return the favor.

Anonymous said...

Hey Coffin, seems like a decent bunch of people stop by your blog other then the idiot that claims to be a graduate from some state he should go back to!

The Coffin Dancer said...

Welcome Conservomom!
Glad to have you...

Feel free to kick the cat, er I mean UNH grad...We just kind of keep "it" around for laughs anyways, the rest of his "likeminded" friends don't have the fortitude to come see us...

I really appreciate you posting here..

Anonymous said...

Well Coffin i think that you could be a threat to the Vampire.
Certainly a better read and no idiots (with a few notable exceptions) keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

Sounds like somebody wants a hand-out!

Anonymous said...

habermas branches fodyi bengali audiences determinants aclause making anniversary campelj thousands
lolikneri havaqatsu