Monday, May 12, 2008

We have to moderate this blog now...

I apologize for this but an individual can't stop hacking the site and putting some very disturbing pictures on here and acting like it's me. I guess they can say they win...

The big Rally actually turned out a couple of hundred people..?

I guess everyone needs someone to be responsible when things go horribly wrong. I have to admit that they made some very valid points...

"I didn't think it would get so big," said project leader and rally instigator Ashley Richardson. There is a group of people affected by disaster pricing on electricity in Juneau, she said. Richardson was referring to the middle class, which is expected to receive no help from state or local governments.

Though household income disqualifies Richardson from assistance, she said her family - with three loans out already - lives check to check and cannot afford the rake hike any more than those living in poverty.

"No one is going to help us," she said. "I have to choose between heating my house or feeding my 1½-year-old." borrowed from the Empire story...

http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/051108/loc_277853522.shtml#mdw-comments

AEL&P employee is assaulted!

You stupid f*ck! Someone needs to dish out some good old fashioned "life lesson" to this boy. I hope we get to learn a name here. I'm almost at a loss for words. Some folks on the "other" blog are saying it didn't really happen and that AEL&P manufactured the story to divert attention...LOL...Yeah, and we didn't really land on the moon and the Holocaust didn't really happen...

Charity available through grants program

The United Way of Southeast Alaska and Catholic Community Services have rolled out their residential grant program, which they call Juneau Unplugged...

Qualifying income levels for grants

Number in household Gross annual income

1 $26,000
2 $35,000
3 $44,000
4 $53,000
5 $62,000
6 $71,000
7 $80,000

• For information and help applying, call 463-6130.

• Applications available online at Juneau.org and at the public libraries, city hall and Catholic Community Services, 419 Sixth St.





Happy Mothers Day!

For all you moms out there...Thank you! I hope you had a really nice day yesterday...It's for one of the Mothers out there that I did yard work for the last couple of days and barely complained at all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how many small minded people are out in the world. The person who assaulted the AELP employee should be committed!

The Coffin Dancer said...

I agree heartless...I still can't believe it someone was that stupid...

I think if Ashley wants a legitimate "rally" she should tackle SEACC or CBJ for the 5% sales tax on heating fuel...I'd be her biggest advocate!

I hope my readers that qualify aren't too proud to check out the possible grant.